Friday, July 18, 2008
1. This is something I've wanted to do for a long time, just to see if I could come up with 100 things.
2. I am, and always have been, very flexible (physically & mentally).
3. I was married for 12 years, and have one kiddo.
4. I went to the World's Fair in Vancouver, B.C. in 1986. We drove, it was about 895 miles away (according to google maps, if you walk it'll take about 14 days).
5. I have officiated at three wedding ceremonies.
6. I have been working at the Northern California Renaissance Faire (in its various incarnations) for 13 years.
7. My first concert was Billy Joel. My dad took me because my mom got sick and couldn't go.
8. I have seen Rush live six times.
9. I've seen GWAR once. It was awesome.
10. I've owned five cars, 4 off the lot, and have never had a "car" payment.
11. I have been to Di$neyland five times.
12. I've only been to Southern California six times.
13. One of my favorite smells is Gardenia (real, fresh Gardenia), I associate it with feelings of being in love.
14. I NEED my alone time.
15. I have a lot of irrational fears that most people don't know about.
16. I use humor to cover up for a lot of those anxieties.
17. Most of them are social phobias.
18. My pets were "like children to me," until I had a child.
19. I dislike shopping for anything except books and food, which is why I usually shop for anything that isn't books or food alone.
20. I have always wished I was more artistic; in any way.
21. I have always wanted to live in San Francisco.
22. The one time I went travelling for more than a couple of weeks, I cried as we drove through San Francisco, because I knew I was going to miss it.
23. I enjoy smoking, but hate the fact that it is a "habit" and that it is going to kill me.
24. I feel more "at home" on the beach than anywhere else.
25. I am really bad at small talk, but I'm fascinated by what people have to say.
26. The last time I was homesick it wasn't for a place, but for people.
27. I wonder if all the drugs I did in high school and in my 20's messed up my brain.
28. My closest friends have always been guys.
29. I actually kind-of like the bits of gray that are popping up in my hair.
30. I get motion sick very easily.
31. I love big roller coasters, but can't handle the little spinny ones (they make me sick).
32. I am quite often thankful to be fortunate enough to live where I do, when I do, and as who I am.
33. I am easily amused and entertained by odd little things.
34. I have always wanted to travel to Portugal and Spain, but don't know how I feel about the long flight.
35. I've been on two cruises, both in the Mexican Riviera, and loved it both times. I would do the same trip again in a heartbeat.
36. I carry a notebook with me everywhere I go.
37. I am a beer snob.
38. I love good food, but I don't know if I could consider myself a "foodie." Though, I definitely have friends who do.
39. On my second cruise, my best friend told the people at our dinner table that I knew all about food. They assumed that meant "Chef" - I didn't correct them and played along all week. It was fun.
40. 99.8% of the time I physically can't lie, I turn red... BRIGHT red.
41. My biggest heroes are my parents. They are awesome.
42. The achievement I'm most proud of: College. I wasn't sure I could do it... then I did.
43. I always feel guilty for not saying "my son" is my biggest achievement... so I usually do. Though, I don't see how he's an "achievement," so much as "someone to be proud of."
44. I hate using public restrooms, and do so only when Absolutely Necessary.
45. One of my all time biggest wishes is that my maternal grandfather had gotten the opportunity to meet my son. They would have really gotten along... like peas in a pod.
46. I am a crossword puzzle junkie.
47. I have 8 email accounts, and I'm not sure why (ShortBus has three).
48. I still wish I had gotten into Forensic Psychology instead of Applied Behavior Analysis (aka: Behavior Modification).
49. My "jealousy issues" aren't trust related, they are esteem related.
50. I've visited 28 states and have been to Canada (three times) and Mexico (also three times).
51. I have physically restrained violent teenagers. It used to be part of my job.
52. My favorite band is Rush. But, otherwise, I don't listen to much "classic rock."
53. My favorite color is actually Black. People have always thought I was trying to make some kind of statement or something, but I truly like black.
54. My second favorite color is Candy Apple Red (ooh, shiny).
55. I am organized (to a fault) only because if I wasn't, I'd be A MESS. One extreme or another.
56. Right now, I am able to fit into the same dress size as I wore in high school. At this time last year I could *almost* fit back into my prom dress (which, for the record, was a little too tight prom night, but was a vintage 50's dress... so it was the only one the shop had).
57. I can't stand being late for things, to a point where my stomach ends up in knots if I think I'm even cutting it close. I'm usually way too early (one of the reasons I carry a notebook with me everywhere I go).
58. I started drinking Diet Pepsi in High School because no one would try to share it with me. All my friends would say "eeewww diet!" and then go ask someone else for a drink of their soda. Now, I drink one can a day, and it's pretty much the only soda I can stand.
59. While I was pregnant, it was the only soda I COULDN'T stand. I could taste the aspartame, and it grossed me out.
60. I am allergic to kiwi.
61. I am immune to the effects of poison oak.
62. I was once chased by an angry cow... they are much faster than they look.
63. I consider myself a "Jill of many trades"...master of none.
64. I am one of the most patient people I know, but when I start to lose it, look out.
65. I drive too fast (see #57).
66. I was born in the evening on January 26, 1975 in Berkeley, California. There was a full moon that night.
67. My two favorite sounds are laughter, and rain in the forest.
68. For as many pair of shoes as I own, I prefer to be bare foot as often as I can.
69. My favorite movies are Psychological Thrillers, and Horror. I would say "comedy" but I hate most "comedic" movies, I prefer "dark comedy". If it's not witty and/or twisted, it's not funny to me.
70. I graduated High School in the bottom 10% of my class, graduated college in the top 10%.
71. I love spicy food.
72. I am pro-gun, pro-choice, pro-legalization, anti-death penalty, and fully Libertarian.
73. In Junior High, I got a concussion after playing keep-away with some guy's hat. He tackled me, and I landed on my head, and still made it through Algebra before anyone noticed something was wrong with me. I have no memory of anything between hitting my head, and riding home in the car with my mom.
74. My parents had to wake me up every few hours and ask me questions like, "do you know who you are?" I lay awake all night thinking up smart-ass answers and waiting for them to come in.
75. I have known my bestest girl friend for nearly 21 years.
76. I LOVE sushi, and am hoping to learn about Sake very soon.
77. I have had a crush on Johnny Depp for as long as I can remember (thankfully, he seems to be aging well).
78. I consider myself Agnostic.
79. Although I don't play often, and I'm not really good at them, I really enjoy video games. (I <3 my PS2 and wish I could afford a Wii)
80. I have always wanted to write a book, but I've never been able to focus on an idea, or come up with a decent story line.
81. My parents are the coolest grandparents ever.
82. When I was a toddler, I would "Ice Skate" on the fireplace... using my parents LP's. That thought turns my stomach now.
83. I don't like coconut, avocado, bell pepper, Brussels sprouts, sour cream, melon (of any kind), raw onion, cucumber, peas, Hawaiian style pizza, nuts or berries in my 'green' salad, and... well, the list goes on...
84. I am fully willing to cook with anything in the above list. And, several of those things, I actually like when they are in sushi (avocado and cucumber come to mind immediately).
85. I only carry two pictures of my son in my purse, because I don't want to be "one of those" parents... the one that carries an entire photo album. I realize most people aren't interested in my kid, they are just being polite.
86. When I'm alone I cry at EVERYTHING. When others are around, I tend to reserve my emotions.
87. I am re-learning how to be emotional around other people.
88. I have an "extensive vocabulary."
89. My (current) nickname is actually "Frickin' Magically Exceptional Giddy Chicken Pickles," but you can call me Giddy for short.
90. I had to ask for help with the last 12 things on this list. I only received two answers #88 and #93
91. I have tent-camped in so many places, I couldn't come close to listing them all.
92. I am NOT a "morning person."
93. I'm good at the maths (and science too).
94. Before I was a Psychology major, I was a Philosophy major/Psych minor. I switched them about half way through college.
95. I love peanut butter... in a ridiculous way.
96. Recently, I have given serious thought to going back to my maiden name.
97. I spend so much time "not at home," I keep a 1/2 packed suitcase next to my bed. When I do need to pack, it's just clothes and underwear.
98. I prefer cats over dogs (and most other pets).
99. Even after four years, I'm sometimes still shocked that I'm a mom.
100. When I was younger, I pictured my life in my 30's much differently. I think I'm actually having more fun than I expected.